We’re hiring a Ruby on Rails developer to work on server-side systems and infrastructure. You will be building internal and external APIs, integrating third-party services, facing complex technical challenges, and having a real impact on the product.
- At least 5 years of commercial experience, working with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Git version control and deploying server-side applications.
- Designing scalable backend systems and client-facing APIs.
- Code review and discussing architectural solutions.
- Doing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Using automated testing such as unit and integration tests.
Nice-to-have skills (not required)
- Building backend systems for large-scale products.
- Frontend web development (especially using React).
- Using Amazon Web Services, Drone, Cloudinary, and Heroku.
How do we work?
- 100% remote. We do all of our work online using services like GitHub, Slack and Google Hangouts. You can either work remotely or in our office in Oslo, Norway.
- Fast development with a high focus on quality. We don’t believe that you need to break things in order to move fast. We ship continuously and use tools like continuous integration and automated testing to keep both a high velocity and high quality.
- High product focus. We work closely together with our customers to build features that we know will have a big impact on their day-to-day work. We also continuously gather feedback and data to inform our product decisions.
What can we offer you?
- Working on an exciting new service that is disrupting the corporate training market.
- Being part of a scale up that already has a solid foundation but with lots of room to grow.
- Being an essential part of a fast-moving and friendly team.
- We actively encourage our developers to share their work with the community, through open source, blog posts and speaking at conferences.
- Lots of opportunities to learn from other developers and to work outside of your comfort zone. We love people who are eager to learn new technologies!
- Lots of freedom and flexibility to work the way you prefer. Work either remotely or in our Oslo offices, up to you!
- Option to be hired either as an employee or as a freelancer with a permanent contract.
- Norwegian work conditions – 7.5 hour work day and 5 weeks of vacation per year.
To apply, send your CV and an introduction to yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to also contact us if you have any questions about the above positions or about Motimate as a company.
Please note that we’re only able to hire people who live and work within the European Union/EEA (for contractual reasons we can’t hire people from outside of Europe at the moment).
You can read more about our products and what we do on this website, specifically on the About section.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!